Hours: 14 Hours a week EVERY THURSDAY and FRIDAY
Location: JOHNSTOWN CARMARTHAN
Job Reference: 2058
To provide the best possible care and support to ensure that the person receiving the direct payment achieves their well-being outcomes as identified in their care plan. To support them to live as independently as possible.
About the Employer
Female in her late forties requires a P/A for support. Help with showering. Support required with food shopping and purchasing her items, as can become anxious at times. Enjoys clothes shopping but prefers smaller shops. Enjoys visiting family who live about 40 mins away from. She enjoys going for short walks if she is fit and well and that her arthritis doesn’t flare up. Sometimes she can have anxiety issues, but most of the time is fine. Her prediabetes is being managed well.
She would like to go out into the community when she feels well enough and would need support with a main meal and occasional help with lunch. Help with chores around the home is sometimes needed. Looking for a new P/A as needs company and to share different conversations with.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
1. Providing for the personal care needs of the employer, such as washing and toileting
2. Supporting the employer with encouragement in gaining independence
3. Enabling the employer to interact socially in their community
4. Providing support to the employer whilst shopping and attending activities of interest
5. Supporting the employer to develop independent living skills
6. To provide companionship in the employer’s home, including engaging in conversation with the employer and providing them with social interaction
7. Encouraging the employer to attend appointments
8. Ensuring the employer’s safety at all times during your working hours
9. To carry out any other reasonable tasks that are requested by the employer during your working hours
10. To ensure compliance with Data Protection Act.
11. Be mindful of safeguarding issues, and feedback any concerns to Carmarthenshire County Council immediately on (01267 228751)
12. Be responsible for contacting the GP, Social Worker or Local Authority should the employer need medical assistance.
Relationships: Communication / Nature of Contacts:
1. Ability to develop supportive and caring relationship with employer.
2. To undertake all duties in a friendly and helpful manner.
3. Able to contact people on behalf of the employer when necessary.
Job Working Environment:
Working in employer’s homes and supporting them to access facilities and community activities.
Person specification – Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
1. Caring, patient and friendly.
2. Responsible, reliable and honest.
3. Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
4. Has good local knowledge of the area where the employer lives.
5. Good time-keeping and flexibility around working patterns and duties as determined by the employer’s requirements.
6. Ability to keep simple records such as time recording.
7. Good communicator able to talk to people on behalf of the employer when required.
8. Able to develop long-term supportive and consistent relationships with employers.
9. A full, clean driving licence and use of a car is likely to be required. This is determined by the needs of the employer and whether you live within walking distance.
10. You must be prepared to have business use on your vehicle insurance to be able to use the vehicle within work hours
11. Be prepared to undergo training in order to best meet the employers need.
Disclosure Barring Service (DBS)
A Disclosure Barring Service Check (DBS) / criminal record check will require to be undertaken for this post. This will be completed on acceptance of job offer.
This position was posted by the Direct Payments Support service on behalf of the Direct Payment Recipient. The Direct Payment Recipient is the employer. They hold all the employer’s responsibilities associated with this role. Carmarthenshire County Council supports them to fulfil their employer obligations.