This Could Be Your Dream Role
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Childcare Practitioner to join our wonderful nursery. The role involves working with children from 18months to 5 years, providing physical and emotional care and enabling an excellent learning environment.
• Providing a high-quality childcare provision.
• Being a team player in a close-knit team and performing to extremely high standards.
• Work in-line with Sustained Shared Thinking and Emotional Wellbeing – SSTEW – practices
• Being influential in assisting to motivate the team.
• Being a keyperson and ensuring all the children’s needs are met.
• Ensuring accidents are monitored and actioned appropriately.
• Be a key player in ensuring the nursery achieves and maintains Excellent in all areas of the CIW Inspection Framework.
• Follow organised routines and systems, communicating effectively with all members of the team.
• Reassuring parents of every step of the settling in process.
• To be committed to the safeguarding of all children in the nursery.
• Being confident in the role and highlighting any practices that do not support the ethos of the setting.
• Performing personal care needs and feeding requirements.
• Communicating directly with the parents sharing photograph’s, video’s, feeding and toileting information daily.
• Completing observations, assessments and planning activites to each child’s individual needs.
• Adhering to paperwork deadlines
• Hold a full and relevant Early Years qualification at least Level 3 or above
• Have an excellent knowledge of the Welsh Curriculum.
• Have proven experience of working in a similar setting.
• Be an exceptional early year’s practitioner nurturing the children and supporting them to reach their full potential.
• Have an up-to-date Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding and Food Hygiene Certificate
• Be able to build brilliant working relationships to ensure common goals can be achieved.
• Need a clear and valid DBS.
• Be flexible with start and finishing times.
• Have impeccable interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively to parents & colleagues of all levels of seniority.
• Always be on time and punctual.
Other Useful Skills
Fluent Welsh Speaker.
Has their own transport.
Paediatric First Aider.
Can speak another language.
Enjoys craft making or creative activities.
At ease with using a camera to document learning through photo’s / videos.