We are currently seeking Community Support Workers to work throughout Caerphilly and the surrounding areas (Risca, Crumlin, Blackwood, Crosskeys, Wattsville) to help provide care and support to elderly and vulnerable adults within their own homes.
My Care My Home’s quality care and support services place the individual at the centre of all we do, if you feel you can make a real difference as a Key Worker please apply today!
About the role:
We have a variety of hours available to suit your lifestyle (days, evenings, and weekends). Depending on your availability, we can offer contractual hours up to 25 per week with the option of extra bank hours.
Hours are available between 7.00am to 3.00pm and 3.00pm to 11.00pm. To be allocated maximum contractual hours you will need to cover every other weekend or 1 day each weekend.
You will make calls to service users throughout your shift and must be prepared to travel within the service catchment area.
· Prompting/Support with personal care and dressing (which could include assistance with intimate personal care).
· Support with light household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning, meal preparation.
· Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescriptions, prompting, or administering medication.
· Accompanying to medical appointments if needed.
· General companionship.
What we offer:
· £150 Refer a Friend Scheme (subject to conditions).
· Free uniform and full PPE.
· Paid induction training, including shadowing in the field.
· Paid travel time and mileage allowance for cars and bikes.
· Family friendly company which offers flexible working.
· Opportunity to complete QCF Qualifications.
· Smart phone with the added benefit of free minutes and texts.
· Enhanced Bank Holiday rates.
· Salary: £9.00 per hour / £9.50 on weekends.
Do I need previous experience?
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
This role requires working with vulnerable individuals as well as delivering personal care and support. Your employment will therefore be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and an Enhanced Disclosure & Baring Service Check.
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle with ‘business use’ car insurance is essential to undertake this role.