Full time hours: 37.5 per week
As the unit deputy manager registered with Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) you will be responsible alongside the registered manager for the operational day-to-day management of the service, ensuring Parkland Place’s continued compliance with relevant legislation, policies and guidelines. Working in partnership with colleagues you will oversee a multi-disciplinary team who deliver structured psychosocial interventions in a high quality and private residential rehabilitation setting. You will work with a range of stakeholders and in partnership with key agencies to ensure seamless care pathways for all guests of the service. You will oversee the programme delivery and development of residential services including recovery programmes, triage, care planning, aftercare, and any other services within this centre and/or defined by the Service Level Agreement and the Adferiad Recovery’s model of delivery. You will ensure the provision of a high-quality service enabling individual needs and organisational priorities to be met in accordance with available resources.
Adferiad Recovery is an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation and you must be committed to developing and enhancing the services we provide to maintain our position as a leading provider of residential treatment for substance misuse, mental health issues, and harm caused by gambling in the UK and beyond.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To maintain a high-quality service working in partnership with colleagues to manage services.
2. To ensure the service meets, and indeed exceeds, the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) Minimum Care Standards.
3. To ensure the delivery of safe, personalised services to each individual guest through assessment, person centred planning and regular outcome focussed reviews of services.
4. To ensure compliance with Adferiad Recovery’s Development & Training and Supervision Policies.
5. To ensure services are accessible.
6. To ensure the development of robust systems and procedures.
7. To ensure the service is appropriately resourced with the right number of suitably qualified, skilled and experienced staff.
8. To ensure that all new referrals are responded to in a timely manner in line with contractual and organisational timescales alongside the admissions team.
9. To oversee the co-ordination of therapeutic and support staff across all areas.
10. To ensure good communication and links with all stakeholders with regards to the provision of services including commissioners, guests, relatives, referral agencies and private medical insurance
11. To support with data tasks and data upload with the Gamble Aware contract
12. To deputise for the registered manager in their absence
13. In partnership with the Registered Manager, support with the ongoing development of the service and assist with the identification and development of strategies for the planning and delivery of quality, innovative residential services.
14. To identify marketing opportunities and support in the development of a marketing plan alongside the registered manager.
15. To manage projects that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
16. To produce monthly management reports and attend Senior Management Team Meetings when required.
17. To resolve all complaints in accordance with Adferiad Recovery Complaints & Compliments Policy.
Team Management and Leadership
1. To manage a large staff team in the management and direct provision of the service.
2. To ensure that there is a co-ordinated and consistent approach to service provision that is cost effective and efficient making the best use of allocated resources.
3. To support in the development of workforce plans to ensure the service is appropriately resourced with capacity for growth and sustainability
4. To be routinely involved in a range of human resources/staff management duties including:
· Workforce planning to agreed KPIs
· Recruitment and selection
· Supervision, Appraisal
· Disciplinary/Capability procedures
· Absence Management
· RMN, RGN, CQSW, DipSW qualified or related experience within a similar setting
· Hold a Health & Social Care Management Qualification at NVQ Level 5 or be working towards
· Master’s degree in a related subject
· BACP Accredited Application Application
· Experience of working in the residential care/addiction field.
· Experience/knowledge of working with Care Inspectorate (CIW) and or Care Quality Commission (CQC)
· Experience in management including reporting, managing teams, compliance, quality assurance and problem solving and safety.
· Experience of service delivery according to the contractual and professional national standards and key performance indicators.
· Experience of maximising retention and occupancy at a level that meet or exceed targets set by the Charity and results in successful client outcomes.
· Experience managing the day-to-day operations of the Service including the rota/timetabling system, care management of clients and the facilities management of the building including health and safety.
· Experience of monitoring activity levels and presenting statistical information through informative reporting.
· Possess an understanding of the current substance misuse policy, legislation and government strategy.
· Ability to successfully manage challenging behaviour.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Strong leadership skills
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to respond flexibly to the demands of the role.
· Ability to have an appreciation of and work effectively with people from a diverse background.
· Ability to promote effective team working and work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as working independently.
· Excellent time management and the ability to work under pressure
· Working knowledge of information technology and database systems.
· Excellent knowledge of the relevant performance frameworks, quality standards and legal and ethical frameworks that govern residential services
Other Relevant Requirements:
· Full driving licence and full access to a vehicle for work purposes
· No criminal record that prevents work with our client group or which would harm our reputation.
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE, WHERE YOU WILL FIND A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION: http://hafal.org/vacancies
OR E-MAIL US FOR MORE DETAILS: firstname.lastname@example.org