Contract: Permanent, 30 hours
Salary: £20,041.31 per annum pro rata, £10.25 per hour
Location: Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
This service will provide high quality and effective housing related support that focuses on strengths and goals within a framework of reducing harm, achieving tenancy sustainment, and living independently. The service assists people who are experiencing mental health issues and have housing related support needs that live within the Vale of Glamorgan.
The service provides floating support to individuals in their own home, or wherever they feel appropriate to meet and is tailored to their individual needs. The service provides assistance to individuals to move and settle into the community or provide flexible support to enable people to live independently and remain in their own home.
Staff will be part of a dedicated team who deliver support to individuals across the Vale of Glamorgan. Support will be available between 9.00 am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Staff will be expected to be flexible and work across the hours and days of service delivery.
· Provide a variety of person centred, tailored interventions that support individuals with complex needs to find sustainable accommodation and develop their independent living skills.
· Manage a client caseload, and complete individual needs assessments, risk assessments, support plans and offer practical advice and advocacy to service users.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with individuals with complex needs to ensure successful support, to address the persons accommodation and wider support needs.
· Support service users to exercise informed choices about their lives where possible and to enhance their social skills and participate in their community.
· Support service users to identify the areas of support needed and identify the best option of support based on ongoing needs as outlined in their individual Support Plans.
· Work with service users to achieve their outcomes and the outcomes of the project, employing creative and innovative methods to meet these outcomes and, through their experience and resources, bring added value.
· Liaise with relevant services, organisations and agencies with regards to accessing additional support for service users.
· Practice homeless prevention, tenancy sustainment, Psychologically Informed Approaches, Solution Focus Practice, harm reduction, and co-production.
· There are no specific qualifications but there must be evidence of commitment to personal and career development relevant to the post.
· Must have experience of providing care and support services to individuals with complex needs in a community setting (such as those who are homeless/at risk of homelessness, offending behaviour, mental health, domestic abuse, substance misuse).
· Must have experience of partnership working.
· Must have experience of working with individuals experiencing housing and housing related issues
· Full driving licence and full access to a vehicle for work purposes
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION, AND TO APPLY: https://www.adferiad.org.uk/vacancies/