Job Description/Person Specification
Job title: Personal Assistant
Location: Cefneithin Area
Hours of work: 10 hours per week (with a willingness to be flexible as they may need to change slightly when lockdown has lifted)
Rate of pay: £10 per hour
Hannah, a young lady with a Learning Difficulty is in need of a Personal Assistant to provide weekly support.
Hannah does not use public transport and her primary caregiver does not drive and without support she would become socially isolated and may require a return to residential care.
– To provide Hannah with a day service, appropriate to her needs, giving her the chance to engage in activities such as swimming, horse riding etc.
– To support Hannah’s social needs, allowing her primary caregiver time to manage the home, attend to her own health needs, go shopping etc.
– Support with every day needs providing support in the home when required.
– Escort on day trips, both locally and further afield.
– To assist in the development of independent living and so provide Hannah with a greater range of opportunities and enhance her lifestyle.
– To ensure Hannah is able to fully express her individuality and determine for herself choices around independence.
– The preparation of light snacks will be required.
– Supporting Hannah with light household chores such as dusting, vacuuming and laundry
– Flexibility around hours of work and main duties of the job.
– Able to use own initiative and be self-motivated.
– Reliable and good time-keeping.
– Sociable and good sense of humour.
– To be able to work independently.
– Able to maintain confidentiality and be aware of privacy.
– An ability to develop and maintain a support relationship.
– Good communication and inter-personal skills.
– Current full driver’s licence and access to own transport.
– 5.6 weeks’ holiday per year (pro rata).
– Sick pay at SSP rate.
– Training provided if required, where available.
This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check, which will incur no cost to the applicant. If you have an online update DBS, you have a greater chance of becoming shortlisted for this position as this can help the employer to recruit much quicker. If you wish to update your current DBS please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbsupdate-service.
Please note that although you may have received this job details via Carmarthenshire County Council, they are acting on the employer’s behalf and cannot be held responsible for any actions arising out of your employment