This is a permanent post for 22.12 hours per week with an additional 8 hours per week for a fixed term period until 01/02/2022.
The Team is newly structured to respond to the Social Care and Wellbeing Act. The team is an integrated team that has good professional working relationships with our relevant partners.
The team structure is Manager, Senior Social Worker, four Social Workers and supportive administration staff.
The integrated Adult Safeguarding Team Social Workers have a manageable caseload and you will be supported through monthly supervision, which is prioritised within the team.
Responsibilities include non criminal investigations, attending Strategy meetings managing a caseload and assessing the risks of vulnerable adults whilst considering the customers capacity to make choices.
As well as a supportive management team the following is just a taster of the range of benefits of joining the PCC team:
• Generous Annual Leave of up to 30 days
• Membership of the Local Government ‘career average’ defined benefit pension scheme
• Flexible and agile working
• Access to discounts on a range of products, services and attractions
• A wide range of resources to support your health and wellbeing, including a professional in-house occupational health service and access to counselling services
• Generous occupational maternity and paternity pay plan, on top of statutory benefits
• Professional registration fees reimbursed
• Generous relocation package up to £8,000 – which could include for example rent in lieu of a planned house purchase, removal and storage fees and legal/mortgage arrangement fees for house purchase.
• Salary sacrifice schemes
You must possess a relevant qualification in social work and be a registered social worker.
Safeguarding and protecting children and adults at risk is a high priority for Pembrokeshire County Council. We aim to support vulnerable children and adults at risk to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. We are committed to ensuring their safety and will take action to safeguard their well-being. The Council’s Corporate Safeguarding Policy provides a framework for every member of staff and Service within the Council, setting out responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and protecting children and adults at risk as well as the methods by which the Council will be assured that it is fulfilling its duties.
This policy applies to all Council employees and workforce, councillors, volunteers and also service providers that are commissioned by the Council. Safeguarding is everyone’s business whether they work for, or on behalf of the Council.
This post is subject to a DBS disclosure check.
We request that all applicants submit online applications. If you are unable to do this, please contact the Recruitment Administrator as early as possible on 01437 776358.
Additionally, if you have any further needs or require any further support in the recruitment process please get in touch on 01437 776358 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an existing user, please ensure you are logged in to your account prior to starting an application form.
Welsh language skills are desirable.
Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated any less favourably than those submitted in English.
Please note: Previous applicants need not apply