SOCIAL CARE AND HOUSING
Multi Agency Support and Safeguarding Hub (MASSH)
SOCIAL WORKERS – Permanent and Part Time available
Due to further funding being agreed for the team we are currently looking to recruit additional social workers
SALARY: £32,234 – £37,890 GRADE 8 (SCP 28 – 34)
The teams within the Children and Family Services Division at Torfaen provide a range of services to support families to ensure children remain with their families where possible and to ensure that children’s needs are being met appropriately and their voices heard. Multi-agency working is a significant feature of the Children and Family Services approach to service delivery and you will play a key role in working in a multi-agency team. We currently have a vacancy in Children’s Services and the successful candidate will be required to work in the MASSH; working with children pre-birth up to 16 and their families, responding to referrals coming in to the department and undertaking proportionate and child protection assessments.
You will be joining an innovative team and working in a progressive, committed and learning environment where practitioners are supported and valued.
We know it can be a demanding job, so we believe in nurturing our practitioners by providing a genuinely supportive environment; supervision is a priority as is the sharing of skills, knowledge and learning.
As a Social Worker you will:-
• Undertake all statutory duties in respect of children in need, child protection and looked after children
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of working with children and their families and the legislation and guidance behind this
• Provide detailed reports / assessments within a variety of different contexts
• Empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views.
• Working within a multi-agency setting and with other services / professionals
• You will be required to deliver relevant interventions in order to safeguard children and ensure their needs are met whilst also aiming to effect long-term positive change to improve the life experiences of vulnerable children and young people.
• Respond to emergency referrals and undertake risk assessments, with support from your line manager
• Working to safeguard and protect children from initial enquiry / assessment stage and implementing and formulating care plans in meeting the child’s needs in the short and long term.
• It is recognised that Social Work can be a challenging setting; we will provide you with a supportive environment to develop your knowledge and skills. You will also receive monthly supervision and access to experienced practitioners in this field and regular peer mentoring.
• Supportive management infrastructure with a wealth of experience who operate an ‘open door’ policy and readily accessible for advice, support and decision making. Inclusive of chairing all Child in Need and Child protection meetings; and attending a Court hearings if needed.
• Access to a wide and varied training programme to enhance learning and development; we work closely with our Training Team and identifying training needs of all employees.
• Full introduction programme into Torfaen Social Care and Housing and to also spend time with other teams and partner agencies; along with numerous shadowing and observing opportunities.
• Opportunity for carer pathway in line with the current training programme / continuing professional development opportunities.
For an informal discussion, please contact Rhian Brook, Team Manager on 01495 766307.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service and registration to the Care Council for Wales.
You are welcome to submit your application in English or in Welsh. Each application will be treated equally.
Please e-mail completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 noon 5th October 2021
Post ref: REQ002763 – 0510