Adferiad Recovery provides a 24 hour temporary supported accommodation to individuals with a serious mental illness in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire. The Llanelli service is delivered either in a shared accommodation for six adults or in people’s own homes in the locality. Our clients have experience of serious mental illness and need a medium level of support to help with their recovery. The service is staffed 7 days a week, and is offered to clients on a short to medium term basis according to need. The aim of the Service Manager and staff team is to encourage and enable clients to reach a greater level of independence and then to facilitate their move on to more independent living in the community, supporting the wellbeing initiatives as identified within Welsh Government policies and
the Social Services and Well-being Act (Wales) 2014.
The Service Manager is to ensure the efficient and effective management and delivery of services within the project, in line with our commitment to principles of empowerment, self-management and recovery, and ensuring compliance with internal and external quality standards inspection and regulation (including CIW).
About this job:
The Service Manager will take day-to-day responsibility for the management of this service and the staff team, being the main point of contact for the supported housing project for both statutory and other voluntary agencies, to ensure positive and effective professional working relationships are established and maintained
for the staff, and clients, within the project. The Service Manager has a “hands on” management function for the 24hr supported accommodation service with the post holder being part of the rota and undertaking sleep in shifts. Participating in an On-call rota covering unsocial hours including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays. The housing service is staffed 7 days a week and staff work to a shift pattern which includes unsocial hours and sleep-ins.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Commissioners, Community Mental Health Teams, and other partners to manage and
deliver a high specification service.
• Effectively managing the delivery of a high quality, reliable, cost-effective, person-centred service,
providing value for money. The Adferiad Recovery team are to ensure that the individuals using the
service are at the centre of the assessment and support planning.
• Maintain staffing levels to ensure optimal service delivery within agreed budget.
• Manage a Staff Team, including direct supervision, performance monitoring, and appraisals.
• Lead on the performance of the team and the individuals within it by allocating work, agreeing
objectives, setting out plans and methods of working, following best practice and ensuring the service
• Maximise the impact of service delivery for service users, actively promoting service user
participation and volunteering, to ensure that all service users have equal opportunities for inclusion.
• Provide advice, guidance, and signposting for individuals experiencing serious mental illnesses to
appropriate mental health services, liaising with Community Mental Health Teams, Crisis Teams, and
other agencies as required.
• Ensure delivery of high-quality person-centred services, maintaining a thorough knowledge of the
principals of recovery, ensuring that staff have access to relevant and up to date resources to allow
them to provide high quality service with accurate advice, information and guidance.
• To ensure service users are aware of their rights and responsibilities and enabled to exercise
informed choices about their lives where possible and to enhance their social skills and encourage
participation in the community.
• Supporting and assisting clients with the following:
➢ Feeling secure within their home.
➢ Increasing independent living skills.
➢ Use appliances safely, maintaining reasonable domestic standards.
➢ Personal finance, budgeting, and accessing benefits.
➢ Mental and physical healthcare.
➢ Self-management of medication.
➢ Attending appointments.
➢ Visitors and their access to individual’s property.
➢ Building and maintaining relationships with neighbours, families, friends, professionals.
➢ Developing skills and interests.
➢ Pursuing training/educational/employment goals and aspirations.
➢ Pursuing leisure/recreational goals and interests.
➢ Developing links with the local community-based resources and opportunities.
➢ Signposting, joint work and referral on to other specialist agencies, intervening in crisis situations.
➢ Recognition of and coping strategies in respect of risk, triggers and avoiding relapse.
➢ Housing move-on planning and arrangements from the supported housing project
➢ Promoting recovery
• Identify and support role specific training and the development needs of staff and ensure and
promote a learning culture.
• Use monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure the service is effective, accountable, and able to
promptly identify concerns, taking advice and action to swiftly address them.
• Collate narrative and data focused information on services to present both internally and externally
using appropriate IT formats as required.
• Creating productive working relationships with Adferiad colleagues and external agencies by
developing the trust and support of colleagues.
• Network with other agencies both voluntary and statutory regarding Adferiad Recovery’s services
• To attend training courses to enhance professional and personal skills.
• To carry out all activities in accordance with Adferiad Equal Opportunities and all other Adferiad
policies and procedures and ensuring a quality service by implementing Adferiad Recovery’s Quality
Standards and those of external regulators or professional bodies.
• Ensure data collection and appropriate recording and presentation for monitoring reports and
Quality Assurance reports to monitor and evaluate the service, as directed by Commissioners, and
the Associate Director of Registered Services.
• Follow procedures for general record keeping and information collection, saving and archiving –
adhering to confidentiality and data protection policies.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with service commissioners, statutory and 3rd
• Establish relationships with local partners who add value to Adferiad services, working collaboratively
• Ensure all policies and procedures are followed in a clear and consistent manner.
• Ensure the performance of your duties are in line with our values.
• Identifying and ensuring that your training and development needs are met through regular support
& supervision and annual appraisals.
• As with all employees, workers, and volunteers; to encourage people to join Adferiad as a member.
• To carry out all reasonable tasks commensurate with this post as directed by Adferiad Management.
• Work flexibly, including actively participating in the rota which includes unsocial hours, weekends and
• Responsibility for the management and co-ordination of rotas, ensuring flexibility within the
team’s capacity and rotas to meet the changing needs of the service.
• Work closely with Service Managers and other Housing services within Adferiad, sharing knowledge
and best practice.
Must Fulfil all registration requirements
Achieved, working to, or committed to achieving Level 4 NVQ in Care Management/Registered Managers Award or equivalent NVQ
Experience of managing a service including managing a staff team
Experience of providing support to individuals with complex needs
Experience of managing housing support services
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION, PLEASE GO TO OUR CAREERS PAGE: http://hafal.org/vacancies